CalExotics will be holding a free, virtual training for those in the adult novelty and pleasure products industry. The training, called “Sex Ed for Sex Educators: The Business of Sex Positivity,” is free to attend and will be led by CalExotics’ Resident Sexologist, Dr. Jill McDevitt, who holds three degrees in human sexuality. It will take place live on Zoom on Tuesday, June 30, 2020, at 2 p.m. EST/1 p.m. CST/11 a.m. PST and will last approximately one hour.
training will facilitate self-reflection and strategy development to help
participants foster healthy attitudes toward sexuality, develop their role as
sexuality educators in a retail setting, and create a sex-positive business
space,” said McDevitt.
of this course, participants should be able to:
- Explain the formation of sexual myths and cultural taboos, and how they impact the ways employees and customers behave in the retail space.
- Discuss the seven domains of sexuality that every sex educator must know.
- Describe the comprehensive role of the sex educator in a retail setting.
- Respond to the most common questions adults ask sex education professionals.
- Identify the key concepts of sex-positivity and at least one strategy for implementation.
ongoing education for pleasure product retailers is incredibly important to
CalExotics,” said Susan Colvin, Founder and CEO of CalExotics. “It is
our hope that virtual trainings like this one shed new light on important
topics while fostering a greater sense of community for the
To register for the virtual training, click here.